If you have a complaint, comment or concern about the service you have received from the doctors, nurses or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.

Making a Complaint

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily with the person concerned, often at the time they arise, and this may be the approach you try first.

Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days, giving as much detail as you can. This helps us to establish what happened more easily. In any event, this should be:

We are able to provide you with a separate Complaints Form, to register your complaint and also a Third Party Consent Form to enable a complaint to be made by someone else. Download pdfs below or please ask at reception for these forms. You can provide this in your own format providing it covers all of the necessary aspects.

Send your written complaint to:

Send your written complaint to: Chloe Avery, Interim Practice Manager.

Alternatively, send your complaint in via email to bnssg.phgl.complaints@nhs.net

Improved Access

We are working together with other local practices to offer patients access to more appointments in the early mornings, evenings and at weekends. To find out more about these services, please contact the practice.

What We Do Next

We aim to settle complaints as soon as possible.

We will usually acknowledge receipt within three working days, and aim to resolve the matter as soon as possible but will give you some idea of how long that may take at the outset. In order to address your concerns as soon as possible, it is likely that in the first instance we will ring you.  You will then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue. If the matter is likely to take longer than this, we will let you know and keep you informed as the investigation progresses.

When looking into a complaint, we attempt to see what happened and why, to see if there is something we can learn from this, and make it possible for you to discuss the issue with those involved if you wish to do so.

Where your complaint involves more than one organisation (e.g. social services) we will liaise with that organisation so that you receive one coordinated reply. We may need your consent to do this. Where your complaint has been initially sent to an incorrect organisation, we may seek your consent to forward this to the correct person to deal with.

When the investigations are complete, a final written response will be sent to you.

The final response letter will include details of the result of your complaint and also your right to refer the matter further to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (details shown below) if you remain dissatisfied with the response.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

We keep to the strict rules of medical and personal confidentiality. If you wish to make a complaint and are not the patient involved, we will require the written consent of the patient to confirm that they are unhappy with their treatment and that we can deal with someone else about it. In the event the patient is deceased, then we may agree to respond to a family member or anyone acting on their behalf or who has had an interest in the welfare of the patient.

Please ask at reception for the Complaints Form, and a Third Party Consent Form which is a suitable authority for the patient to sign to enable the complaint to proceed. Alternatively, we will send one to you to return to us when we receive your initial written complaint. You can also download pdfs below.

Where the patient is incapable of providing consent due to illness, accident or mental capacity, it may still be possible to deal with the complaint. Please provide the precise details of the circumstances that prevent this in your covering letter.

Please note that we are unable to discuss any issue relating to someone else without their express permission, which must be in writing, unless the circumstances above apply. You may also find that if you are complaining on behalf of a child who is capable of making their own complaint, we will expect that child to contact us themselves.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome

You have the right to approach the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman. Their contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower

30 Millbank



Tel: 0345 015 4033

Website: www.ombudsman.org.uk

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint (to complain online or download a paper form)

You may also approach Healthwatch, Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA) or Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for help or advice; details below:

The local Healthwatch can be found at: www.healthwatchnorthsomerset.co.uk/

The IHCA is able to be contacted at www.seap.org.uk/services/nhs-complaints advocacy/

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) NHSE

NHS England

PO Box 16728


B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 2233

By email: contactus@nhs.net